America needs at least two healthy political parties, and right now, with Republicans attacking the legitimacy of the Democrats, we are in danger of having none.
- September 29, 2017We are a great power in decline — but neither party has a clue what to do about it.
- January 27, 2016Democrat or Republican, our capitalist system has always reflected the next party in the White House.
- April 26, 2013In this excerpt from Thomas Mann and Norman Ornstein's book, they pinpoint the two main reasons Washington isn't working: the serious mismatch between the political parties and a governing system that makes it extremely difficult for majorities to act.
- December 26, 2012The number of messages sent to politicians has increased dramatically online, but that doesn't mean they're being heard.
- April 30, 2010Bill and author Jim Hightower discuss how ordinary people can reclaim political power.
- February 5, 2010Questioning corporate influence at a top political retreat
- November 7, 2008 | Bill Moyers JournalThe author provides his take on what Obama's victory means for a new political alignment. Also, Bill Moyers remembers friends Studs Terkel and John Leonard.
- Roberto Lovato and Linda Chavez on the Hispanic Vote in 2008; Mark Crispin Miller On Voter ProtectionOctober 17, 2008 | Bill Moyers JournalBill Moyers sits down with Mark Crispin Miller, who follows voter fraud allegations in his blog News from the Underground, and Roberto Lovato and Linda Chavez on the Election Countdown.
- January 4, 2008 | Bill Moyers JournalPrimary candidates Dennis Kucinich and Ron Paul talk about media and the race. Kathleen Hall Jamieson gives a campaign update, spotlighting the "anti-establishment" candidates.