- June 18, 2020
When Donald Trump planned a campaign rally for June 19th in Tulsa, Oklahoma it was a double insult to African Americans. There are many events in American history that most white adults have would not be able to identify, much less appreciate their significance. Red Summer of 1919, the Rosewood Massacre, the Great Mississippi Flood of 1927. Tulsa is one among too many.
- June 9, 2020
The day started with Trump tweeting that the 75-year-old Buffalo, New York, man shoved to the ground by police and left bleeding and unconscious “could be an ANTIFA provocateur” who might have been part of a “set up.”
- March 5, 2015The DoJ's new report traces the pattern of racial bias from traffic stops to arrests to the courtroom and, finally, to a cycle of incarceration and indebtedness.
- December 12, 2014Protests against racist injustice — triggered by the failure of the criminal justice system to indict the killers of Michael Brown and Eric Garner — has propelled Obama to recall his community organizing roots.
- November 25, 2014It’s not just Ferguson — here’s how the system protects police.
- November 18, 2014The artist/activist illustrates the story of Brown's death and the activism that it inspired.
- August 27, 2014Let's hope that Michael Brown's death is the one that finally pierces the national conscience with the essential truth that racial violence kills people.