- October 1, 2015Last week's papal visit was a big success, but some of those in attendance were the antithesis of his teachings.
- August 4, 2015
The most destructive influence on American democracy is the way in which we have allowed big money to buy our government and politics. With such Supreme Court decisions as Citizens United and McCutcheon, we have unleashed a tidal wave of cash – much of it anonymous and without limit – to all but drown out the voice of the people. In this collection of conversations, commentary and articles, we present the evidence of how deeply ...
- August 3, 2015Political insiders don’t see that the biggest political phenomenon in America today is a revolt against the “ruling class” of insiders that have dominated Washington for more than three decades.
- December 19, 2014In this excerpt from Steve Fraser's new book, The Age of Acquiescence, the historian wonders why people in the second Gilded Age aren't fighting back the way they did the first time.
- December 9, 2014A three-part investigation by Reuters finds a rarified group of attorneys and powerful law firms dominate proceedings before the nation's highest court.
- November 28, 2014 | Moyers & CompanyFrom luxury skyscrapers -- taller, more expensive and exclusive than ever before -- the dark shadows of plutocracy are spreading across the commons of democracy.
- August 14, 2014"The influence of ordinary Americans registers at a 'non-significant, near-zero level.'"
- May 8, 2014Bill Moyers speaks about his life, his career, LBJ and his views about contemporary journalism and politics.
- April 23, 2014The conservative columnist is so outraged at plutocrats facing criticism that he's reversed his position on disclosure.