- January 25, 2021
"With such human costs of war in mind, it’s a wonder to me that the only bipartisan bill passed by Congress over a presidential veto in the Trump years was the recent monumentally funded $740 billion “defense” bill. Most striking to me, however, amid its massive support for the military-industrial complex, is how little that bill does to expand social support for military families."
- March 1, 2017The president’s address signaled his plans for domestic austerity and military bloat.
- December 16, 2016This election brought back the scourge of authoritarianism in the toxic language of hate, humiliation and bigotry — and in the culture of war and violence.
- March 25, 2016The Republican front-runner is against nation building. Imagine that.
- January 6, 2016Welcome to Mike Lofgren’s Washington, DC — a This Town, where the political theater that is endlessly tweeted and blogged about has nothing to do with actual decision making.
- February 24, 2014Watch clips from Bill's interview with a former GOP congressional analyst on the Deep State.