Amid the worst public health crisis in a century and a devastating economic downturn that has thrown tens of millions out of work, more than five million people in the US lost their health insurance in just three months this year, shattering the previous record set during the entire annual period from 2008 to 2009.
- March 23, 2017This plan gives health insurance companies a chance to profit even more than they did from the Affordable Care Act — and with fewer restrictions.
- March 4, 2017The Republicans' new plan to replace the Affordable Care Act is worse than many expected and would lead millions of people to lose their health insurance. But some state legislators are offering alternatives. Bill Moyers profiles one here.
- February 10, 2017The fight for health care is about every last one of us.
- October 28, 2016This Halloween, medical students are refusing to endorse the horrifying for-profit health care system as it exists.
- October 11, 2016It doesn't take a psychic to predict that health insurance carriers will return to the Obamacare fold in 2017 with dollar signs in their eyes.