The tendency of Republicans both to respond to and sow fear and panic has been with us for decades. Yet during the coronavirus pandemic, to anyone who bothers to look, we are seeing a new and strangely unremarked twist to their behavior, a development that gives valuable -- and chilling -- insight into Republican psychology.
- December 7, 2017Policy riders buried in tax and spending bills would let in more political money, less light.
- December 6, 2017As the special election approaches, Republicans abandon morality for power.
- November 6, 2017Your boss, not you.
- October 31, 2017In Part 1 of a two-part interview, former Reagan economic adviser Bruce Bartlett says Trump is lying about tax reform: it will benefit the super rich and hurt everyone else.
- October 30, 2017Bill Moyers talks to historian Rick Perlstein about Trump’s conquest of the GOP.