A little-known Republican group is ramping up millions of dollars in funding from major US corporations such as CitiGroup and Chevron to protect the conservative stronghold on the country.
- June 15, 2020
Donald Trump’s campaign and the GOP are pumping millions of dollars into efforts to restrict voting and aggressively fight Democratic efforts to make it easier to cast a ballot during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- March 14, 2020
The tendency of Republicans both to respond to and sow fear and panic has been with us for decades. Yet during the coronavirus pandemic, to anyone who bothers to look, we are seeing a new and strangely unremarked twist to their behavior, a development that gives valuable -- and chilling -- insight into Republican psychology.
- March 3, 2020Bill talks to psychiatrist and author Robert Jay Lifton about Trump, lies and dueling realities. “It’s a kind of purity of a single authoritarian person who claims to have nobility and claims that he alone and no one else can save the country. And by implication, the world. It’s pure megalomania,” Lifton says.
- December 7, 2017Policy riders buried in tax and spending bills would let in more political money, less light.
- December 6, 2017As the special election approaches, Republicans abandon morality for power.
- November 6, 2017Your boss, not you.
- October 31, 2017In Part 1 of a two-part interview, former Reagan economic adviser Bruce Bartlett says Trump is lying about tax reform: it will benefit the super rich and hurt everyone else.