Tonight, the election returns look relatively good for Trump, which is why he talked about claiming a victory at the end of election night. This is the so-called “red mirage.” But as the mail-in ballots get counted, everyone expects the Democratic numbers to climb fast and far.
- GOP-Led Legal Inquest Into Bloomberg Helping Florida Felons Vote Condemned as Attempted Voter SuppressionSeptember 29, 2020
Florida Attorney General Ashley Moody’s call for state and federal investigations into billionaire Michael Bloomberg’s effort to raise millions to pay off court fees to help Florida felons restore their voting rights was a “gross abuse” of power...
- July 17, 2020
Washington DC has a very high incarceration rate and up to 4,500 people could be affected by the measure, included in emergency police reform legislation that passed the city council this week.
- May 29, 2020
For most of Donald Trump’s presidency, it seems that the news has come at us like a firehose, spraying information, disinformation and quotable tweets. And that was before the pandemic. Now with more than 100,000 dead, presidential spectacles and unemployment at Depression-era highs, there’s even more news flying under the radar. The team at BillMoyers.com brings you the news you need to know — some of it good, some of it outrageous, all of it ...
- November 25, 2015Ex-felons who have served their time in the state will regain their right to participate in elections without having to wait for governor approval.
- March 24, 2015Disenfranchisement of ex-felons can have a measurable impact on election results.
- February 12, 2014A roundup of some of the stories we're reading this morning at Moyers & Company HQ.
- December 20, 2013Mass incarceration has become a form of legalized discrimination that makes it more difficult for millions to participate in basic aspects of our democracy.
- May 15, 2013Learn why a new study says the percentage of black males who voted in November is higher than the Census Bureau revealed.