Intelligence officials warned today that Russia recently hacked into our local and state computer networks. This could compromise our voting infrastructure. Intelligence officials believe our adversaries will try to help Trump, possibly by casting doubt on the voting results.
- September 24, 2020
It would be optimal if every newscast had an immediate fact-checking line running along the bottom of the broadcast. Sadly, this is not the situation. We can help you get things straight.
- August 28, 2020Please don't believe everything you read on the Internet.
- March 24, 2017After receiving a flood of thoughtful comments on her "Memo to the Media" post, Lynn Sherr responds.
- February 2, 2017Becoming news literate in the internet age requires defining what "news" really is and figuring out if the source is reliable.
- September 26, 2016How to keep an eye on what's true, false or somewhere in between.
- September 26, 2016It doesn’t matter how the debates go, or what the polls say; the press will portray the final stretch of this horserace as neck and neck, a photo finish, you won’t want to miss this, stay tuned.
- September 13, 2016The business of ferreting out candidates' whoppers is booming, and no wonder.
- September 12, 2016But neither NBC News nor The New York Times public editor knows it
- September 7, 2016As TV news approaches more moments of truth (and untruth) in the coming presidential debates.