ALL POSTS BY Michael Spikes
- March 30, 2017In his latest on post on news literacy, Michael Spikes breaks down how to evaluate the types of evidence that the media presents us with.
- March 3, 2017All people need information, and ruling powers want to control it to control them. The trick is finding the balance.
- February 22, 2017It's not as easy as you think, and research shows that many of us have a hard time telling the difference.
- February 9, 2017Donald Trump's (false) assertion this week that the press doesn't cover terrorist attacks is an example of the importance of the verification process when consuming news.
- February 2, 2017Becoming news literate in the internet age requires defining what "news" really is and figuring out if the source is reliable.
- January 6, 2017The Center for News Literacy's new course, "Making Sense of the News," aims to teach people how to critically consume information and become more informed and engaged citizens. It starts on Monday.