When I turned 80 three years ago, I retired my weekly PBS series and have since focused on the web with a small, dedicated team as the avenue for our journalism. Now it’s time for another farewell.
- December 11, 2017The commission votes on Thursday whether to end net neutrality and place the internet under the thumb of corporate America.
- July 30, 2017Yes, our health system is broken, but broken systems can be fixed — not easily, but they can be fixed.
- April 13, 2017As our institutions bend and buckle and approach the breaking point, the president bombs Syria and is hailed by an obeisant media.
- March 4, 2017Bill reflects on Trump's tweet storm and shares Henry Giroux's remarks about George Orwell, authoritarianism and Donald Trump.
- March 4, 2017The Republicans' new plan to replace the Affordable Care Act is worse than many expected and would lead millions of people to lose their health insurance. But some state legislators are offering alternatives. Bill Moyers profiles one here.
- February 8, 2017
Well, I certainly got that one wrong. Based on news reports, and after two phone calls to check them out, on Tuesday I wrote a column saluting Jake Tapper and CNN for saying, “No!” to Kellyanne Conway when the White House offered her up as a guest for Tapper’s Sunday program.