Advocacy organizations have sued the Trump administration to stop a 16-year-old boy from being summarily sent back to Honduras after he crossed into the U.S. last week to join his father. It’s the first challenge to the Trump administration’s policy of mass expulsions of border-crossers, under which nearly 45,000 migrants — including 2,000 children — have been pushed out of the U.S.
- June 5, 2020
Democracy in America has been a series of narrow escapes. We may be running out of luck, and no one is coming to save us. For that, we have only ourselves.
- June 1, 2020Is Our Nation a Battleground Where There Will Be Winners and Losers?
- May 5, 2020Today’s pandemic alters our tradition of protest and dissent.
- February 12, 2020“The Notorious RGB” A Supreme Court Justice for 27 years now, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has also become a cultural icon who regularly attracts huge crowds to her public appearances. They packed the house at Union where she talked about her career and the current state of SCOTUS.
- October 17, 2017Why the families of people killed by police are holding "Take a Knee" actions to highlight their demands for transparency.
- October 11, 2017The 2016 National Book Award-winning author of Stamped From the Beginning talks with Dr. Christina Greer about the unrelenting racism of America's past and present.