- February 25, 2014Industry groups are challenging the EPA's ability to regulate climate change.
- February 21, 2014While deep-pocketed dark money groups on the right should be happy with the proposed rules, that isn't the case.
- November 7, 2013Big business has been helping to fuel a tide of legislation to block voters from enacting paid sick day legislation.
- June 6, 2013ALEC's report claims to rank U.S. states based on their “economic outlook," but it's ideology that gets a state to the top -- or bottom -- of the list.
- April 25, 2013The SEC says its considering a new rule that would require publicly traded corporations to disclose political spending to their shareholders.
- September 14, 2012
In this excerpt from Winner-Take-All Politics: How Washington Made the Rich Richer — and Turned Its Back on the Middle Class, authors Jacob S. Hacker and Paul Pierson explain the significance of the Powell Memorandum, a call-to-arms for American corporations written by Virginia lawyer (and future U.S. Supreme Court justice) Lewis Powell to a neighbor working with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. In the fall of 1972, the venerable National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) made a ...
- May 20, 2012If tax-exempt organizations continue to pay for issue ads, they'll have to disclose who funds them.
- April 18, 2012Economic detectives Hacker and Pierson want your help titling their book about unchecked business power.
- April 5, 2012Powerful interests are trying to hit the brakes on financial industry reform, but some states are standing up to them.