Will Trump and his supporters seize control of the government—by means legal or illegal — or will the country steer itself back to the norms and values of democracy?
- January 7, 2021
January 6, 2020 This morning, results from the Georgia Senatorial runoff elections showed that Democrats Raphael Warnock and Jon Ossoff had beaten their Republican opponents—both incumbents—by more than the threshold that would require a recount. The Senate is now split 50-50 between Republicans and Democrats, so the position of majority leader goes to a Democrat. Mitch McConnell, who has bent the government to his will since he took over the position of majority leader in 2007, ...
- July 18, 2017Housing Works activist Jaron Benjamin was one of the 80 people arrested on Capitol Hill last week. And he's there again today. He explains why he believes people need to keep speaking out.
- May 18, 2015An interview with the New York City mayor as he launches a new “Progressive Agenda to Combat Inequality.”
- December 3, 2014The Republican leader’s office is attempting to attach a policy rider to an omnibus bill that would effectively end limits imposed on coordinated spending by federal candidates and political party committees.
- September 23, 2014The money keeps flowing - not only to politicians but also to efforts aimed at undermining climate science.
- August 20, 2013 | Moyers & CompanyIn this clip, This Town author Mark Leibovich explains how politicians are lured by lobbyists.
- May 9, 2013The Nation's Lee Fang looks at how former K and Wall Street denizens are rewarded with six-figure bonuses when they land a job in Congress.