- June 12, 2017A complex network of local organizations helps neighbors support one another as they rebound from a dying industry.
- May 10, 2017FCC Chairman Ajit Pai has endorsed a proposal that dismantles net neutrality protections.
- February 27, 2017Donald Trump’s new Federal Communications Commission chairman is taking direct aim at fair and affordable internet access.
- June 17, 2016This victory is a testament to the indefatigable work of millions of citizens determined to stand up to corporate lobbies.
- March 23, 2016All the contenders are making use of cyberspace more than ever before, but some would see it restricted.
- February 4, 2016Another proposed media takeover once again threatens competition, creativity, independence and diversity.
- June 30, 2015North Carolina and Tennessee are the latest states to side with telecoms, which have long lobbied against allowing cities to become Internet providers.
- February 15, 2014When it comes to media, bigger is not better.
- July 23, 2013Discover why companies like AT&T want to unplug the way roughly 19 million Americans still communicate with the rest of the world.
- March 13, 2013A coalition of mayors, counties and local activists overcame a bill that would have prohibited municipalities from building their own broadband networks.