- April 1, 2021How Many Will Die from Donald Trump's Lies?
- February 16, 2021
Not those of poor Americans, that's for sure.
- December 11, 2020
For the long-run threat to innovation, considering that companies used public money to develop the vaccine, and it worked in record time, the only thing that should be questioned is the current patent-based system. Innovation seemed to work fine with what amounts to a public process.
- August 14, 2020
Corruption is sometimes just an isolated scandal. But the coronavirus pandemic and the government’s response are illustrating just how corrupt the functioning of our government has become — and just how high the stakes are. Unfair advantages that the well-connected and wealthy have accumulated over decades produced a system that gives the “have-mores” even more in the middle of a global health crisis.
- June 30, 2020The American public helped finance the development of remdesivir — and will now be charged $3,000 for a treatment that experts say costs less than $10 to produce.
- April 22, 2020For years, Trump failed to prepare America for a pandemic. For months after COVID-19 emerged, he downplayed its danger. Now he’s touting a dubious miracle cure.
- January 18, 2017Democrats like this are the reason Democrats keep losing.
- September 30, 2016The watchdog group Public Citizen finds total corporate spending on just eight local measures has topped $139 million.
- September 1, 2016We explore some theories on why the president continues to back a deal that his own party has largely turned its back on.
- August 25, 2016We've made America pain-free for plutocrats and Big Pharma, but not for vets.