ALL POSTS BY Dean Baker
- June 1, 2017Taxing stock trades by 0.34 percent could potentially raise more than $800 billion, or 0.4 percent of GDP, over 10 years. There's your funding for food stamps.
- January 6, 2017The incoming president's trade agenda could focus on manufacturing jobs or enriching corporate America. The smart money is on corporations.
- November 22, 2016When Trump's the one spending, Republicans in Congress are happy to sign the check.
- October 27, 2016The Trans-Pacific Partnership is a protectionist pact for those at the top worried that free trade will undermine them as it did the middle and the bottom.
- April 28, 2016Evidence suggests that a privatized system would make worse any problems veterans now face in getting care — and it is likely to cost more money.
- March 29, 2016We do face a very real threat of protectionism, but Obama's the one pushing it.