ALL POSTS BY Ari Berman
- March 23, 2016Reducing the number of polling places in Phoenix had catastrophic consequences in the March 22 primary.
- March 15, 2016The controversial restriction takes effect for the first time in the March 15 primary.
- March 3, 2016The 2016 election is the first in 50 years without the full protections of the Voting Rights Act.
- February 9, 2016The controversial new voting restriction will be in full effect for the first time during Tuesday’s presidential primary.
- January 26, 2016Can Rosanell Eaton succeed in getting the new voter-ID law blocked before the 2016 election?
- November 25, 2015Ex-felons who have served their time in the state will regain their right to participate in elections without having to wait for governor approval.
- November 5, 2015Every Tuesday members of Congress will spotlight stories of modern-day barriers to voting and rally on social media with the hashtag #RestoreTheVOTE & #RestorationTuesday.
- August 18, 2015The civil rights leader helped pass the Voting Rights Act and fought for voting rights over five decades.
- July 31, 2015 | Updated December 12, 2015A botched voter purge prevented thousands from voting — and empowered a new generation of voting-rights critics.