EXPLORE Arts & Culture
- August 4, 2014The fragments of the past that we see on stage reveal the significance of our lives today more than all the talk shows and reality programming of our popular culture.
- August 2, 2014Thanks to Joe Papp, over five million people have enjoyed more than 100 free productions of Shakespeare at the Delacorte Theater in New York City’s Central Park.
- August 1, 2014 | Moyers & CompanyJohn Lithgow joins Bill to talk about the challenges and triumphs of playing Shakespeare's greatest role, and why we are so drawn to the tale of this flawed, contradictory leader at this moment.
- July 31, 2014The artistic director of NYC's Public Theater notes that some Shakespeare plays become particularly popular when they reflect the America we live in.
- May 28, 2014For over a century, American activists have employed folk music as an instrument of change.