- July 18, 2016Attacking inequality means both raising wages at the bottom and doing away with outsized compensation at the top.
- January 27, 2016Democrat or Republican, our capitalist system has always reflected the next party in the White House.
- December 8, 2015
As the saying goes, they (the 1 percent at the top) only call it class warfare when the rest of us (the 99 percent) are fighting back. Since the economic meltdown of 2008’s Great Recession and the Occupy movement of protest and action, the specter of vast, ever-expanding income inequality across the planet has been countered by a growing awareness among the rest of us of the gravity of the problem, its disastrous implications for ...
- May 28, 2015We need a strong anti-poverty movement, led by the people who understand what poverty really is, why it happens, and how we could create workable solutions.
- May 7, 2015Long deployed by the right as an epithet, this form of left-wing populism is as American as apple pie.