Slavery is our nation’s original sin; the treatment of people of color a blot on the history of a country “conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.” Those who might have thought that … Continue reading
- December 8, 2015
- February 5, 2015As the world reacts to ISIS brutality, Bill Moyers reminds us of homegrown barbarism in our not-so-distant past.
- January 18, 2015Perhaps the most revolutionary effort to end American inequality occurred almost 50 years ago and was led by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- December 12, 2014Watch video from the Senate Judiciary subcommittee hearing on the state of civil rights in response to the recent killings of unarmed black men by white police officers.
- December 3, 2014Ta-Nehisi Coates: "What clearly cannot be said is that violence—like nonviolence—sometimes works."
- August 27, 2014The soul-searching that the country is going through in the wake of the turmoil in Ferguson, Missouri, echoes that of our past.