- June 12, 2017The Supreme Court was far ahead of the times — and public opinion — in its ruling of the landmark case.
- May 5, 2017The story of Moral Mondays — a multiracial democracy movement that scared the hell out of Southern politicians.
- April 28, 2017It makes sense if you analyze it through the lens of the historical model of white governors, legislators and boards of regents in the Jim Crow South, who used the financial fragility of HBCUs as leverage to require political submission.
- April 17, 2017
April is National Poetry Month, and we’re celebrating by featuring examples of “civic” poetry from new and familiar voices. Throughout the month we’ll be discussing what it means to be civic through the art of words. Join us on Twitter at #civicpoetry. Continue reading
- April 10, 2017Trump's threat to civil rights is worse than you think.
- February 9, 2017A conversation with a customs agent reveals something personal about the tenor of these dark times.