- April 15, 2016Republicans talk about their decision to join the Democracy Spring protests in Washington this week.
- April 13, 2016NAACP President Cornell William Brooks discusses the connection between voting rights and campaign finance reform.
- April 12, 2016As demonstrators continue weeklong protest on Capitol Hill, an expert talks about the toll Citizens United is taking.
- April 11, 2016The leaders of Common Cause and the Franciscan Action Network on why faith has led them to protest.
- April 6, 2016Stephen Colbert's campaign finance lawyer thinks Trump, Clinton and Sanders should join forces on getting money out of politics. He's not kidding.
- February 9, 2016
This post first appeared at Mother Jones. Hillary Clinton has received a lot of campaign money from the financial industry over the years, and after she left the State Department she gave several lucrative speeches to Goldman Sachs and other big banks. As Michael Hirsh puts it, this has given her a reputation for being “more than a little cozy” with Wall Street. But is she? Continue reading
- December 10, 2015The one bipartisan thing on which both Democrats and Republicans agree: at holiday time a little something tucked away in legislation in exchange for campaign largesse is the greatest gift of all.
- June 5, 2015The last best hope to stop Big Money’s rout of American democracy is a former trade group lobbyist who’s reluctant to stretch his spandex superhero suit too thin.