Acclaimed political media analysts Kathleen Hall Jamieson and Marty Kaplan share opposing perspectives on the role social media played during the 2012 presidential debates, and continues to play in political discourse. Are political tweets ultimately a tool of distraction or of democracy?
- Book Excerpt: “Alone Together”
- Segment: Sherry Turkle on Being Alone Together
- Do Politicians Read the Emails You Send Them?
- Book Excerpt: China Airborne
- Marty Kaplan on What Makes Political Ads Work
- Marty Kaplan on Big Money’s Effect on Big Media
- Web Extra: Kathleen Hall Jamieson Dissects Campaign Ads
- Kathleen Hall Jamieson on Political Debates and Deceptions