ALL POSTS BY Sherry Linkon
- November 3, 2016The divides this campaign has revealed will linger long after Election Day.
- October 4, 2016If Democrats and the media had listened to the people whose lives Springsteen sings about, they might understand where their white working-class voters have gone.
- September 27, 2016She'll have more credibility if she doesn't try to convince voters they're better off than they are.
- September 23, 2016It might take more than calling out blatant racism to derail the Trump train.
- July 29, 2016The demise of the steel industry affected blacks and Latinos even more than whites.
- July 19, 2016The strikingly similar rhetoric of two very different presidential candidates' wives tells us a lot about Americans' aspirations — and their disappointments.
- July 5, 2016A Georgetown professor who's writing a book on the literature of deindustrialization recommends these personal stories of loss.