- December 18, 2020Throughout this election season, young voters and activists have forced climate change to center stage. The Georgia runoff is no exception.
- September 23, 2020
Although student activists often direct their ire toward school administrations, their greatest antagonist may simply be a ticking clock. Undergraduates generally only get a four-year window on campus to make a difference, and they’ve lost precious time because of the coronavirus pandemic, which has in some ways pulled focus from climate issues.
- August 31, 2020Between targeted voting restrictions and coronavirus, young voters in college are facing unprecedented challenges
- September 8, 2017In New York’s most troubled neighborhoods, Service Year members are teaching their neighbors environmental sustainability — all the while learning essential job skills for the workforce.
- August 30, 2013Organizer Illai Kenney talks about the challenges that younger activists face in being heard in the modern civil rights movement, and the burdens and benefits of being young and black in America.
- August 29, 2013Hear from young black activists about the issues that brought them to the capital on the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington this week.
- February 17, 2012We asked former Poet Laureate Rita Dove whom she considers the 21st century's Allen Ginsberg or Countee Cullen.
- February 10, 2012Statistical snapshots that paint a broad picture of the Millennium generation.
- January 30, 2012GLSEN's Eliza Byard explains the ideas behind an effort to fight name-calling and bullying in schools.