Despite all of the voter suppression efforts, threats of voter intimidation and a raging pandemic, the people of the United States participated in record numbers in last November’s election. And they voted Trump out.
- February 17, 2021The heart of the threat to American democracy.
- November 2, 2020Conservative justices said it was too late to change the rules, but said they’d support disqualifying 2020 ballots if the cases resurfaced after Election Day.
- August 31, 2020Between targeted voting restrictions and coronavirus, young voters in college are facing unprecedented challenges
- July 21, 2020The department’s limited public activity has been striking, particularly as several states have seen voters wait hours in line to vote and jurisdictions are rapidly limiting in-person voting options because of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- August 4, 2015Our democracy is threatened when voting becomes a wedge issue between the parties.
- September 2, 2014This week, the state with the strictest voter ID law defends it in federal court.
- August 10, 2014For the first time in nearly 50 years, Americans will go to the polls without a key protection under the Voting Rights Act. Congress must act to ensure every citizen can freely cast a ballot.