What has stood out today is the degree to which Trump and his team have governed by creating their own reality. Now that that image is being challenged, they are flailing.
- November 2, 2020Conservative justices said it was too late to change the rules, but said they’d support disqualifying 2020 ballots if the cases resurfaced after Election Day.
- August 31, 2020Between targeted voting restrictions and coronavirus, young voters in college are facing unprecedented challenges
- July 21, 2020The department’s limited public activity has been striking, particularly as several states have seen voters wait hours in line to vote and jurisdictions are rapidly limiting in-person voting options because of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- August 4, 2015Our democracy is threatened when voting becomes a wedge issue between the parties.
- September 2, 2014This week, the state with the strictest voter ID law defends it in federal court.
- August 10, 2014For the first time in nearly 50 years, Americans will go to the polls without a key protection under the Voting Rights Act. Congress must act to ensure every citizen can freely cast a ballot.