- February 9, 2016The controversial new voting restriction will be in full effect for the first time during Tuesday’s presidential primary.
- February 8, 2016The state's bizarrely shaped districts decrease the power of black voters.
- January 26, 2016Can Rosanell Eaton succeed in getting the new voter-ID law blocked before the 2016 election?
- December 7, 2015
The fight over who gets to vote in the United States goes back to the founders and continues to this day. The battle for women’s suffrage was hard-fought but even more so was the long, often violent struggle to win the right to vote for African Americans. The passage of the Voting Rights Act in 1965 resulted in millions of citizens receiving the franchise for the first time, but since then there have been constant ...
- July 31, 2015 | Updated December 12, 2015A botched voter purge prevented thousands from voting — and empowered a new generation of voting-rights critics.
- March 6, 2015After a surge in voting participation among African-Americans and other groups in 2008, many states enacted new voting restrictions.
- March 6, 2015Since 2010, 16 states have passed voter ID laws and 11 states now have, or will soon have, what are considered “strict” voter identification requirements.
- October 24, 2014We've collected resources to help you make informed decisions and cast your vote in the midterm elections.