Election season has brought the usual flood of TV commercials – generally trying to scare voters about the evils to expect if the opponent is elected. Ads are often marked by outlandish claims and even outright lies but first prize for deception must go to the so-called “death tax” ads. No doubt you have seen them, salt of the earth farmers claiming the death tax threatens the existence of their family farm and of rural ...
- December 18, 2017Dashing through the snow and decking the halls with handmade placards, outraged people are protesting the bill and decrying the rush to pass it this week.
- December 7, 2017Today’s Republicans would have fit right into Herbert Hoover’s administration.
- December 1, 2017If the tax breaks are going to corporations, this union wants its fair share.
- November 30, 2017Thirty-eight percent of the country won’t get a noticeable tax break when the cuts kick in.
- November 20, 2017GOP leaders who propose deep tax cuts should look to states like Oklahoma for a cautionary tale.