- October 21, 2020Roe v. Wade and Obamacare aren’t the only things endangered by Republicans’ rushed nomination of Amy Coney Barrett
- October 15, 2020
Democrats have hammered home that putting Barrett on the court at this moment is an extraordinary power grab, and voters seem to agree. Turning attention away from the hearings would be useful for the Republicans when voters are on their way to the polls.
- October 14, 2020
The White House has abandoned the idea of controlling the virus and instead is openly embracing the idea of “herd immunity.”
- October 8, 2020
October 7, 2020 Recent polls suggest that Trump’s debate performance last week (was it only last week?!) and his attempt to look strong after coronavirus spread through the White House have not helped him politically. Most polls have him behind Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden by double digits. An article in Politico today was subtitled: “The new surveys fall into two buckets: those that are bad for the president, and those that are horrible.” Trump’s plan for the election ...
- October 2, 2020Or is this just the first of many distractions?
- September 28, 2020But it is a very good place to start.
- September 22, 2020
Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg died 45 days before the election. As her strength waned, she dictated this statement to her granddaughter: “My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed.” It says something unfortunate about the state of the republic that she voiced such concerns on her deathbed. Less than 90 minutes later, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) announced that Trump’s nominee would get a vote on the ...
- April 6, 2017The Supreme Court nominee wants to throw out the precedent underpinning federal administrative law.
- March 22, 2017What do you say, Mr. President? Give America an independent bipartisan commission.