Slavery is our nation’s original sin; the treatment of people of color a blot on the history of a country “conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal." Here, a variety of Moyers conversations with Michelle Alexander, Bryan Stevenson, Ta-Nehisi Coates, Maya Angelou, David Simon, and others offer a useful primer on the history of racism in the United States and its continuing impact.
- May 31, 2020
- June 20, 2017Black activists held events in 40 cities on June 19, a day that celebrates the end of slavery.
- June 5, 2014A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- June 4, 2014The wealth gap between blacks and whites is a legacy of hundred of years of African-Americans being excluded from the American Dream.
- May 26, 2014A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- May 21, 2014 | Moyers & CompanyBill speaks with Ta-Nehisi Coates, a senior editor for The Atlantic about his cover story on why America needs to reconcile with its racist past.