"With such human costs of war in mind, it’s a wonder to me that the only bipartisan bill passed by Congress over a presidential veto in the Trump years was the recent monumentally funded $740 billion “defense” bill. Most striking to me, however, amid its massive support for the military-industrial complex, is how little that bill does to expand social support for military families."
- October 3, 2017A mental health professional talks about the emotional and mental fallout from the violence in Las Vegas.
- Morning Reads: Welcome to John Roberts' Plutocracy; Drug Warriors Losing Battle for Hearts and MindsApril 3, 2014A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- November 11, 2013A roundup of some of the stories we're reading this morning at Moyers & Company HQ...
- January 17, 2013Discover and share “what we’re reading” today.
- July 27, 2012Mark Thompson, author of a Time magazine cover story on military suicide, talks about the roots and reasons behind these tragic decisions.
- July 27, 2012 | Moyers & CompanyBill talks to Vietnam veteran and author Karl Marlantes about what we need to understand about the minds and hearts of our modern warriors.
- July 27, 2012Find free online and phone resources for active-duty service members and veterans.
- July 27, 2012 | Moyers & CompanyVietnam veteran and author Karl Marlantes shares how his battlefield experiences both shaped and nearly destroyed him.