Black, Native, and Latinx people are between three and four times more likely to be hospitalized with the coronavirus than white people.
- July 20, 2017A scientist looking for a way to help Alaska Natives whose villages are sinking was reassigned by the Trump administration to a job collecting royalty checks from fossil fuel companies.
- July 5, 2017On South Dakota’s Pine Ridge Reservation, Nick Tilsen is upending entrenched poverty and rebuilding his Lakota community.
- May 23, 2017The rapidly warming Arctic means that dozens of villages inhabited by Alaskan native peoples need to relocate — but the money isn't there.
- September 13, 2016Can we trust Clinton-Kaine to deliver on the promise of an energy future “where no one is left out or left behind”?
- September 9, 2016Native Americans from tribes all over the country are protesting the construction of a crude-oil pipeline slated to snake through sacred sites and under the water supply for the Standing Rock Sioux Reservation.
- March 23, 2016Reducing the number of polling places in Phoenix had catastrophic consequences in the March 22 primary.