February 4, 2021 Today Senator Mitt Romney (R-UT) proposed giving at least $3000 annually per child to American families. This suggestion is coming from a man who, when he ran as the Republican candidate for president in 2012, famously echoed what was then Republican orthodoxy. He was caught on tape saying that “there are 47 percent of the people who… are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe that government has a ...
- November 29, 2017But the ones who are, are swine. And let’s stop pretending that we didn’t know.
- May 5, 2016Thwarted GOP hopefuls have given her plenty to work with.
- January 23, 2015Why didn't Romney get an invite to the Koch brothers' donor retreat over the weekend?
- September 7, 2014With their "pragmatic" governors mired in scandal, it may be a chaotic scramble in a wide-open field.
- July 27, 2014The Republican from Wisconsin has borrowed some populist rhetoric to go with his “kinder, gentler” talk about poverty. But his populism is not the real thing.
- July 11, 2014Justice Samuel Alito has an unblemished record as the most committed partisan on the Court.