- April 25, 2016So far in this election cycle, politicians have accepted checks that would have been above the legal limit just two years ago.
- August 4, 2015
The most destructive influence on American democracy is the way in which we have allowed big money to buy our government and politics. With such Supreme Court decisions as Citizens United and McCutcheon, we have unleashed a tidal wave of cash – much of it anonymous and without limit – to all but drown out the voice of the people. In this collection of conversations, commentary and articles, we present the evidence of how deeply ...
- June 5, 2015It’s clear that the national political will for getting big money out of politics is there.
- February 20, 2015Here's a brief video guide to understanding the super PACs, dark money groups and shadow parties that are already gearing up for the next campaign season (didn't we just finish one?)
- September 8, 2014The Senate will wrangle this week over whether to amend the Constitution to allow citizens and their representatives to organize elections where votes matter more than dollars.
- September 2, 2014Wealthy donors are getting more access to candidates than ever.
- July 12, 2014On Thursday, the Committee voted 10-8 to endorse an amendment to restore reasonable limits on financial contributions and expenditures intended to influence elections.
- April 29, 2014In the new world of campaign finance born after Citizens United, money speaks much louder than fiscal and environmental sanity.