Democracy in America has been a series of narrow escapes. We may be running out of luck, and no one is coming to save us. For that, we have only ourselves.
- March 22, 2020Stacking the Courts. Supreme Court watcher and podcaster Dahlia Lithwick tells Bill, “This is happening almost in the dark of night... There is this stealth attack on government agencies and their ability to regulate themselves. It is happening at the U.S. Supreme Court under our noses.”
- February 14, 2020The Judith Davidson Moyers Women of Spirit Lecture
- February 12, 2020“The Notorious RGB” A Supreme Court Justice for 27 years now, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has also become a cultural icon who regularly attracts huge crowds to her public appearances. They packed the house at Union where she talked about her career and the current state of SCOTUS.
- February 4, 2020This week: Impeachment and the Constitution. Lawyer Steven Harper has been following the Russian-Trump story from the very beginning, since before the election. He talks with Bill about what’s next.
- December 8, 2017Before he was a Supreme Court justice, Thurgood Marshall was a civil rights lawyer battling the same forces that confront our justice system today.
- October 30, 2017Fourteen of the pay-to-play group’s biggest corporate funders are among the 100 worst federal violators since 2000.