Thousands of Georgians had their registrations put on hold and weren’t sure if they’d be able to vote. Some voters were wrongly flagged as non-citizens; others had their ballots rejected because poll workers told them they had the wrong ID. Hundreds of polling places were shuttered before the election, and other precincts had four-hour lines. Absentee ballots were rejected because of signature mismatches or other minor errors.
- June 22, 2017From a political perspective, youth has its appeal, but there are downsides.
- April 12, 2017A recent, narrow victory in Kansas and upcoming special elections in Georgia and Montana have Republicans worried.
- February 7, 2017Progressives’ answer to ALEC is helping to build power from the ground up.
- March 3, 2016The 2016 election is the first in 50 years without the full protections of the Voting Rights Act.
- August 18, 2015The civil rights leader helped pass the Voting Rights Act and fought for voting rights over five decades.
- October 12, 2014 | Updated October 19, 2014As we approach the midterm election, here's a roundup of some of the the latest legal developments.
- March 20, 2014A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...