- September 9, 2020
The Food and Drug Administration is responsible for assuring the safety and efficacy of any new medical treatment. But Donald Trump and FDA Commissioner Dr. Stephen Hahn have destroyed the agency’s credibility. In fact, drug manufacturers are now reassuring the public that they won’t even submit any COVID-19 vaccine for FDA approval unless they believe it is safe and effective.
- July 1, 2020
Friday's White House Coronavirus Task Force briefing was filled with wildly false claims about the administration’s supposed success in dealing with COVID-19. With only about 4% of the world’s population, America accounts for more than 25% of worldwide COVID-19 infections and deaths.
- April 17, 2020By taking a wrecking ball to independent oversight, Trump has made the presidency into a dictatorship. At this point, writes Robert Edwards, the only recourse we will have left to save our democracy, repair the institutions of government, and restore accountability to the American people, is to vote in November to save "the soul of this nation."
- November 17, 2017Big business has appropriated cultural discussions surrounding food in the US in a way that boosted profits rather than protecting consumers. And the Trump administration looks like it's ready to go along.
- July 9, 2014A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- October 4, 2013ALEC is pushing the USDA to relax regulations on food safety that keep us from getting sick.
- May 17, 2013 | Moyers & CompanyPublic health experts David Rosner and Gerald Markowitz discuss thwarted efforts to hold the lead industry accountable for toxic exposure threatening our children.