- July 27, 2020Democracy scholar Norm Ornstein writes in The Atlantic that "some creativity is in order," but disaster is avoidable if legislators act now.
- July 21, 2020The department’s limited public activity has been striking, particularly as several states have seen voters wait hours in line to vote and jurisdictions are rapidly limiting in-person voting options because of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- July 7, 2020
The ruling reinstates a Republican-backed law that allows local election officials to offer only two weeks of early voting before election day.
- May 15, 2020In Slay the Dragon, a new documentary from Participant Media, we learn how a secret Republican project called REDMAP redrew congressional districts and guaranteed victory.
- October 26, 2016New emails released to The Nation reveal ongoing GOP attempts to suppress the vote.
- October 23, 2014The Republican-dominated board of elections in North Carolina has pushed to move polling locations for early voting, which starts today, farther away from college campuses.
- October 12, 2014 | Updated October 19, 2014As we approach the midterm election, here's a roundup of some of the the latest legal developments.
- October 2, 2014The same voter ID laws and limits on early voting that debuted in 2012 are back.