- July 26, 2013Nearly two million working Americans make even less than the minimum because of various exemptions.
- July 23, 2013 | Group Think
In 1963, Representative John Lewis, then the Chairman of the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC), spoke to the several hundred thousand Americans who had gathered before the Lincoln Memorial and who would soon hear Dr. King give his electrifying "I Have a Dream" speech. The youngest speaker that day, John Lewis challenged the proposed civil rights legislation, asking: "What is there in this bill to ensure the equality of a maid who earns $5 a ...
- November 30, 2012Ai-jen Poo describes her efforts to provide basic protections for nannies, housekeepers, home health aides, and others whose work "makes all other work possible."
- November 7, 2012 | Group ThinkThe activist says the diversity of the winning majority holds the seeds of a new America.
- April 18, 2012The 38-year-old activist is named one of the 100 people who people who "inspire us, entertain us, challenge us and change our world."