- August 20, 2015Former Ohio Secretary of State candidate Nina Turner opens up about the 'cash ceiling' women, candidates of color face.
- March 5, 2015The people writing the big campaign checks are overpowering the needs of the majority. There's a solution.
- April 29, 2014Our tax dollars are subsidizing both the fast-food workers who need the help and the companies' CEOs who don’t.
- March 7, 2014 | Moyers & CompanyBill continues his conversation with author and legal scholar Ian Haney López about how politicians use strategic racism to win votes.
- September 26, 2013A new study by Demos recommends capping executive pay as a requirement for government contracts to cut down on income inequality.
- July 22, 2013Bill Moyers and Michael Winship reveal how the owners of capital wring even greater wealth from the sweat and sacrifice of workers, deepening America's economic inequality.
- July 1, 2013 | Group Think
The Supreme Court’s decision in Shelby County v. Holder is a setback for democracy -- especially at the local level. Overwhelming evidence shows that too many politicians continue to win elections by unfairly manipulating election rules based on how voters look or talk. The Court’s decision makes this problem worse. The biggest problem will be the manipulation of election rules for local offices that are often non-partisan and escape national attention. In Nueces County, Texas, for ...
- June 2, 2013More people than the entire population of Colorado are in danger of defaulting on student loans. An infographic from Demos illustrates the true size of the crisis.
- November 20, 2012With the holiday shopping season fast approaching, Demos looks at how increasing wages in the retail sector would improve the overall economy.