Richard Rodriguez is a journalist and essayist. His most recent work, DARLING: A SPIRITUAL AUTOBIOGRAPHY, was published in 2013. The essay collection is a meditation on the Abrahamic religions after 9/11. Over the course of his career, Rodriguez has earned several prizes for his work, including a Peabody Award for essays that he presented on The NewsHour with Jim Lehrer.
- August 4, 2017An article in a Vatican-approved journal singles out Steve Bannon as "a supporter of apocalyptic geopolitics"
- February 2, 2017Evangelicals' alignment with Trump shows their affinity for power over morality.
- April 30, 2015Sister Simone Campbell and an interfaith coalition are working toward a federal budget that will better reflect shared values of fairness and compassion.
- December 17, 2013 | Updated December 18, 2013The Koch brothers "fund organizations that advance public policies that directly contradict Catholic teaching on a range of moral issues," the group writes.
- December 11, 2012In this 2009 'Moyers Moment', Bill and theologian Karen Armstrong discuss using compassion as a foundation for understanding both religion and wartime politics.
- August 24, 2012 | Moyers & CompanyOn a road trip of faith and politics, American nuns spread the word: Paul Ryan's budget would hurt those already struggling to make ends meet.
- June 22, 2012A precursor to today's "radical feminist nuns," Sister Corita spread the good word through 1960s pop art.
- June 19, 2012Sister Simone Campbell responds to Vatican criticism on The Colbert Report.