Biden’s prospective attorney general, Merrick Garland, reaffirmed that the AG should be the lawyer for the people of the United States, not for any one individual.
- November 4, 2016Green groups hope to someday amend the Colorado constitution so communities can ban fracking. An industry-sponsored amendment on the state's Nov. 8 ballot could block that.
- September 30, 2016The watchdog group Public Citizen finds total corporate spending on just eight local measures has topped $139 million.
- January 6, 2016The California Supreme Court has cleared the way for voters to demand a constitutional amendment to get big money out of politics.
- November 2, 2015In Seattle, Ohio and Maine, voters are searching for the antidote to post-Citizens United politics.
- February 23, 2015Fighting the corruption of money in politics one state -- and even one city -- at a time may be the most effective path to reform.
- November 7, 2012See some of the ways our nation changed thanks to new state ballot initiatives.