Reporting you might have missed.
- June 2, 2020He's Running the Bailout and It’s Been Great for His Family.
- May 10, 2020The economy is in free fall but Wall Street is thriving, and stocks of big private equity firms are soaring dramatically higher. That tells you who investors think is the real beneficiary of the federal government’s massive rescue efforts.
- April 17, 2020By taking a wrecking ball to independent oversight, Trump has made the presidency into a dictatorship. At this point, writes Robert Edwards, the only recourse we will have left to save our democracy, repair the institutions of government, and restore accountability to the American people, is to vote in November to save "the soul of this nation."
- April 1, 2020The CARES Act. Bill Moyers talks with Neal Barofsky, former TARP investigator general, about how he would safeguard the two trillion dollar government program to rescue an economy crippled from the coronavirus. “There’s going to be scandal…there’s going to be fraud.”
- April 29, 2016The big bank executives who gambled away working Americans' benefits are still getting lavish packages as the social safety net collapses.