The following list, which dates to the 2016 election, is a collection of excellent journalism about an unprecedented presidency, written in an extraordinary time.
- December 18, 2020
- August 30, 2020The pandemic, street protests, Russian meddling, election security?
- June 25, 2020Bill Moyers talks with journalist Jeff Sharlet, whose reporting for Vanity Fair describes how Trump the orator has turned his re-election campaign into a militant crusade fueled by conspiracy theories and rhetoric that incites violence.
- May 5, 2020Today’s pandemic alters our tradition of protest and dissent.
- October 25, 2017Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and many others have become a mechanism now for channeling our discontents.
- October 4, 2017Antagonism flourishes, but it comes in different flavors.
- September 8, 2017Dinesh D’Souza’s book smearing George Soros is factually false, morally reprehensible and nothing new.
- August 14, 2017I was in Charlottesville when the Nazis moved in. Here's what to expect if they come to your town.