ALL POSTS BY Laura Macomber
- January 3, 2014Essential reading about the money trail in North Carolina politics, the far-right agenda it has helped usher through and why this story should matter to everyone in America.
- August 20, 2013For the past year, ALEC and its members have been rolling out legislation that attempts to repeal renewable energy laws. Their effort, for the most part, has failed.
- July 23, 2013Discover why companies like AT&T want to unplug the way roughly 19 million Americans still communicate with the rest of the world.
- June 28, 2013A new Florida law prohibits “living wage” and paid sick-leave policies set by local city and town councils.
- June 14, 2013Despite its expressed commitment to transparency, the controversial organization appears to have undertaken efforts to stop its documents from falling into outside hands.
- June 6, 2013ALEC's report claims to rank U.S. states based on their “economic outlook," but it's ideology that gets a state to the top -- or bottom -- of the list.
- May 30, 2013See how, once again, the American Legislative Exchange Council is fitting its sticky fingers into scores of legislative cookie jars.