- August 3, 2016In the past two weeks, judges have ruled against voter-ID laws and other limits on voting in five states.
- May 10, 2016Given his terrible numbers among nonwhite and young voters, Trump may try to massively suppress Democratic votes.
- April 15, 2016The media's failure to report on GOP efforts to suppress the vote is aiding and abetting a national disgrace.
- December 7, 2015
The fight over who gets to vote in the United States goes back to the founders and continues to this day. The battle for women’s suffrage was hard-fought but even more so was the long, often violent struggle to win the right to vote for African Americans. The passage of the Voting Rights Act in 1965 resulted in millions of citizens receiving the franchise for the first time, but since then there have been constant ...
- August 4, 2015Our democracy is threatened when voting becomes a wedge issue between the parties.
- July 31, 2015 | Updated December 12, 2015A botched voter purge prevented thousands from voting — and empowered a new generation of voting-rights critics.
- November 7, 2014Since Republican legislatures implemented new voting restrictions after 2010 and SCOTUS gutted the Voting Rights Act, it’s become easier to buy an election and harder to vote in one.