When it comes to media, bigger is not better. Continue reading
- February 15, 2014
- December 20, 2012 | Group Think
As long as meaningful action on climate change will hurt the short-term profits of the fossil fuel industries, the media conglomerates and Wall Street, we can’t expect the media blackout to end….It’s going to be up to those of us in the non-profit, independent media to make sure the public is well-informed that the costs of climate change inaction will be far more expensive. MORE
- December 12, 2012 | Blog
Representatives of several media advocacy groups delivered petitions opposing relaxation of media ownership laws. Continue reading
- December 10, 2012Bill shared with staff an AlterNet round-up of Noam Chomsky quotes about America's corporate media.
- December 7, 2012 | Group ThinkThe president of the Newspaper Guild says media consolidation means less content, less less diversity, less innovation, and fewer journalists.
- December 7, 2012 | Group ThinkThe creator of chicagotribune.com says cross-ownership rules have become outdated in the age of the internet
- December 4, 2012Learn how big media companies are not just controlling the message, but American democracy as a result.