Bill Moyers takes a piercing look at how global economic changes are destroying the lives and livelihoods of hardworking Americans. The documentary follows several individuals and their families in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, as they fight to make ends meet in the “new economy.” In sheer numbers, more jobs were created than lost in America during the last decade, but a look behind those numbers reveals a shortage of jobs that pay enough to support a family. The program intimately portrays the lives of workers and their families as they struggle to make it in today’s job market.
- Full Show: Surviving the New American Economy
- Surviving the Good Times
- ‘Two American Families’ Sneak Preview and Panel
- Living On the Edge
- The Rich Are Different from You and Me – They Pay Lower Taxes
- Activist James Thindwa and Chicago’s Living Wage Ordinance
- Most Workers Shut Out of Wage Gains in Past 40 Years
- What is a Living Wage?
- Making the Rent on Minimum Wage