ALL POSTS BY Michael Winship
- February 18, 2016Back in 1962, the fossil fuels giant was bragging about its ability to heat up the Arctic.
- Naomi Klein: Climate Change "Not Just About Things Getting Hotter... It’s About Things Getting Meaner"February 3, 2016In a wide-ranging conversation, the journalist and climate activist discusses the recent Paris climate accords, the politics of global warming, climate change denial and environmental justice.
- January 22, 2016Appalled at the chaotic GOP presidential race and the ascendancy of Trump and Cruz, those with the gold want to rule.
- January 7, 2016Philadelphia's Mummer's Parade brought flare-ups of racism and bigotry that parallel the rage and fear that grip much of the public in this election year.
- December 18, 2015Political campaigns, as well as anonymous (and not so anonymous) millionaires and billionaires, are spending more and more on ads to influence the presidential election — and network heads are cheering them on.
- December 17, 2015The bipartisan budget compromise is a holiday giveaway to the wealthy.
- December 10, 2015The one bipartisan thing on which both Democrats and Republicans agree: at holiday time a little something tucked away in legislation in exchange for campaign largesse is the greatest gift of all.
- December 8, 2015The candidate's latest round of Muslim bashing is a reminder of Sinclair Lewis' book about fascism in America and the danger of an ill-informed public.