ALL POSTS BY Juan Cole
- August 23, 2017Continued military presence in Afghanistan may not be the best way to protect the US.
- August 18, 2017Our neo-imperial wars may be coming home to roost.
- February 24, 2016Trump's racism and xenophobia violates America's core beliefs — yet the media and many Americans are okay with it.
- June 1, 2015Bernie Sanders, whose views are shared by strong majorities of Americans, is being depicted as the one who is out of step.
- April 8, 2015Republicans are making the Iran talks a partisan domestic issue, refusing to recognize it as a diplomatic victory.
- January 8, 2015If the horrific murders at the satirical weekly Charlie Hebdo was a strategic strike, then the French public must resist playing into the hands of the terrorists.
- September 29, 2014The president doesn't seem to understand the profound crisis of joblessness behind the turmoil.