ALL POSTS BY Juan Cole
- February 24, 2016Trump's racism and xenophobia violates America's core beliefs — yet the media and many Americans are okay with it.
- June 1, 2015Bernie Sanders, whose views are shared by strong majorities of Americans, is being depicted as the one who is out of step.
- April 8, 2015Republicans are making the Iran talks a partisan domestic issue, refusing to recognize it as a diplomatic victory.
- January 8, 2015If the horrific murders at the satirical weekly Charlie Hebdo was a strategic strike, then the French public must resist playing into the hands of the terrorists.
- September 29, 2014The president doesn't seem to understand the profound crisis of joblessness behind the turmoil.
- April 1, 2014A number of GOP governors made the trek to Las Vegas over the weekend in an attempt to attract hundreds of millions in campaign donations from casino magnate Sheldon Adelson.
- February 21, 2014The scholar notes that "if absolute power corrupts absolutely, invisible power corrupts invisibly," but says that the Deep State apparatus is vulnerable to a vigilant public.